Are you trying to figure out if you truly need to hire a website content writer for your blog or business?
A strong digital presence has the power to boost the success of any blog or business today.
Being able to leverage all the opportunities that come with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and social media marketing leads to an immense potential to expand your organic reach online.
The key to getting there? Quality content.
Producing frequent and high-quality blog posts, videos, web pages, and more is an essential business practice. However, it can be intimidating, time-consuming, and challenging.
The good news is that there are content writers who can create all of this for you and give you time to focus on other areas in your blog.
In this post, I will outline everything you need to know about working with a website content writer to enhance and elevate your digital presence.
What is a Website Content Writer?
Specializing in creating engaging, informative, and business-specific writing, website content writers are professionals who will ghostwrite blog posts, website pages, social media posts, email newsletters, and more for your blog or business.
Using creative, strong writing skills and knowledge of SEO, content writers will provide an essential service in your marketing strategy. They will also craft copy that fits your brand’s voice and targeted audience.
Typically, they are skilled at researching and writing and are able to adapt their tone and style to fit various needs.
Website Content Writers vs. Website Content Writing Tools
The website content writers are more than just editors or proofreaders; they don’t simply review your blogs or articles.
They will create your content from scratch, follow your business plan, or generate blog post ideas themselves. Especially written work that’s within the branding guidelines of your business.
In addition to website content writers, there are also content writing tools online that facilitate high-quality content creation.
Want to get more clicks on your blog posts?
👋 Try Bramework’s AI title generator
Generate FREE Blog titles that catch visitor’s attention and make them want to click through to read more.
Often, content writers themselves will use these tools to verify the caliber of their product. Some of these tools include:
- Grammar and style checkers that scan the document for errors and identify places for improvement.
- AI blog writing tools, like Bramework, to help them create full blog post-length copy.
- Keyword and SEO research tools that tell content writers which keywords are most relevant for a given topic or sector, guiding them to write content that will perform successfully in search engine results.
- Plagiarism checking tools that scan the document to ensure none of the content has been taken from another source without proper referencing.
What Does a Website Content Writer Do?
With all these tools, a creative problem-solving skillset, and an understanding of your business goals and intentions, ultimately, a website content writer produces some, or ALL, of the text for your business’s online presence and digital marketing strategy as previously mentioned.
5 Types of Content Writing
Now that you know what a content writer is and what they do, let’s go through the top five types of written content you can expect to receive from them.
1. Blog Posts
Content writers will produce short or long-form articles for your website’s blog full of keywords, interlinks, backlinks, and other SEO-optimized components.
Blogging helps your business establish itself as a reputable source in its industry, increases user engagement, adds value to your website visitors, and encourages your readers to purchase your services or products.
2. Landing Pages
A landing page is a web page that visitors arrive at after clicking a result in the Google search. It can be the homepage of your website or your product offerings.
Although often sparse in terms of their word count, these landing pages are important places to capture the user’s attention through engaging and concise writing.
3. Video Scripts
As videos become more popular because of the business opportunities that come with TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram, content writers will produce scripts for your videos so you can come across as natural, confident, and well-spoken.
You can also use AI writing tools like Bramework to help assistant you in creating a video script for your YouTube Channel.
4. Social Media Posts
Whether it’s the image captions or the text that appears on screen in a TikTok or Instagram Reel, brands that have engaging captions and text on their social media posts that are meaningful contribute to their brand image and can lead to strong audience engagement.
5. Email Newsletters
Email is a critical way to engage customers, and daily, weekly, or monthly email campaigns that are well-crafted can significantly increase engagement and ROI.
How Do I Find a Content Writer for a Website?
- Use a Freelance Website: The easiest way is to hire a freelance website content writer. Several freelance marketplaces allow these writers to list their services. You can hire them directly from those platforms as a long-term writer or for a one-time project. It’s super easy and flexible!
- Test it Out Your Writers with Smaller Projects: If you’re a little hesitant, you can start by hiring an individual for a small or sample task to see if they have the skills and tone to fit your blog business needs.
- Ask for a Sample Portfolio: Have freelance writers send you their website content writing examples so that you can see what they are capable of and if you even like their previous work.
- Look for Someone Who is a Clear Communicator: Working with a website content writer will be an ongoing relationship, so you’ll want to find someone who is easy to communicate with, straightforward, and responds quickly to your requests.
- Make Sure Your Writer is Ambitious and Deadline Driven: Because some of your content—like email newsletters, social media captions, or blog posts—may be periodic, you’ll want to find someone who can meet deadlines reliably.
What is a Website Content Writer’s Salary?
It’s important to know that the price for a writer can vary significantly. Some charge a flat fee or by the hour, but it is most common to charge by word count. The traditional range of a freelance writer’s salary is roughly $50-$100 per 1,000 words.
This range may vary depending on the writer’s level of experience, delivery speed, and the assignment’s complexity. For example, it may cost more if it requires extensive research.
Which Website is Best for Content Writing?
As I mentioned above, there are numerous online platforms and content writing organizations where you can hire freelance content writers or use online tools. Here are some suggestions:
- Websites like Fiverr, Upwork, and Legiit allow you to search from a marketplace of writers by service, experience, and community rating.
- Platforms like LinkedIn and Contra allow you to see an individual’s professional profile, portfolio, and background and get in touch to discuss your project.
- Finally, our platform Bramework is an AI-generated content writer that works on a subscription basis and allows you to receive customized, quality content on demand.
Producing high-quality digital content brings endless opportunities for your blog growth. I realize the challenges that creating lots of content can pose when you’re trying to scale your blogging business.
Also, I encourage every blogger and business owner to assess their options when hiring a freelance website content writer or using our AI Writing services at Bramework to help you create awesome blogs, articles, landing pages, and more.
As always, we’re here to help you make your digital presence a business priority.
(Original Article Date: April 25, 2022/Updated January 7, 2023)
Get Your FREE AI Generated Blog Outline
Cut Your Blog Post Writing Time in half
✅ No More Writer's Block
✅ Instant Post Structure
✅ Write 5X Faster!